Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Surgery

Well I am trying to be better at this blog and if I fail. Then I will be shutting it down, but for now I will keep trying I got a lot of family comments in email telling me they enjoyed it. :)

This Monday I had surgery. It's called "direct micro laryngoscopy vocal cord mass removal" say that 3 times fast! Pretty much it is from over using my voice or yelling too much. HEHEHE :) On Monday as we were coming home I felt awful and dont remember much about that drive. I then might have thrown up on our bedroom floor (sorry scott you were too slow with the bucket and I was way too unstable to run). Then I slept about 3 hours woke up feeling GREAT! A little too good to be honest I was worried I would pay for the feeling good later. The payment was I couldn't get comfy to sleep last night. I tossed and turned and couldn't sleep on my side like I love to do :( I woke up this morning with everything hurting except my throat. Jaw, neck, head, back, calves, and my left ankle (I sprained that last week so I expected that pain). I think they beat you up when they do surgery on you. It has been an interesting few days not being able to talk. The dr said I could talk some with a monotone voice and NO whispering. I am so scared I will whisper that I am just typing and writing everything for the kids and Scott. I can feel the scab in my throat sometimes and I really don't want to knock it loose with talking so I wont as much as I can. I do wish the family knew more sign language the whole writing thing is sooo not fun.
Scott and the kids have been pretty good at helping me :) It is probably hard to help me all the time when I am pretty mobile and not in pain.
Tanner showing off his BIG BOY BED! 

Family pics from this July

4 comments:

Emily said...

You only know what surgery it was cause of your bracelet! I think that's the only way the patient really knows ;)
Sorry you are feeling cruddy =(
Love the pictures!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

You should be feeling loads better by now. <3

The Stephens Family said...

Nice family pic:)

Megan said...

Do you have your voice back now or has everyone started to learn ASL?